Where to Get Horse Transport Insurance
You understand the necessity of horse transport insurance now, as well as the different types of coverages and factors impacting costs. Where can you get insurance to haul horses?
1. The Hartford
The Hartford is one of the oldest and most well-respected insurance companies in the US. It has been in business for more than 211 years. With such a long span of operation, this company has a huge range of insurance products and ample experience with just about every commercial situation you can picture. It is not surprising that they can provide you with equine transport insurance.
You will find The Hartford’s transportation insurance for horses filed under the company’s Livestock & Animal Mortality Business Insurance policies. The specific type of policy you want is a Livestock Transit Insurance policy. In fact, The Hartford offers a number of different options:
- Livestock Transit Coverage
- Livestock Transit Limited Coverage
- Additionally Covered Property in Transit Coverage
- Carcass Removal (Optional)
- Substitution of Vehicles (Optional)
- Coverage after Transit (Optional)
- Coverage after Transit – Listed Causes of Loss (Optional)
- Deck Collapse Coverage (Optional)
- Refusal of Shipment Coverage (Optional)
- Coverage Extension – Outbound Transit (Optional)
As you can see, that is a huge selection of coverage options! You won’t find that just anywhere. Other The Hartford coverages you may want include:
- Horse Insurance: Animal Mortality Coverage
- Horse Insurance: Animal Mortality Limited Coverage
- Horse Insurance: Major Medical Expense Coverage (Optional)
Visit The Hartford to see all of this company’s livestock policies.
2. Kay Cassell Equine Insurance
Another option for horse transportation insurance is finding a policy through Kay Cassell Equine Insurance.
As this company’s name makes clear, it specializes in this type of insurance. Kay Cassell has been around since 1981, giving the company decades of experience connecting commercial horse transport businesses with quality coverage.
The people who own Kay Cassell own horses themselves, so they have a strong understanding of what is necessary to protect their value during transit.
Another of the best-known insurance companies in the US is Nationwide. This company also can help you to protect your horses in transit with equine farm insurance.
Keep in mind that these policies are specifically aimed at farmers. So, they may or may not be ideal, depending on the type of business you are in.
The base policy does not include transportation, but Nationwide’s Equine Elite Coverage offers:
- Livestock transport: Coverage up to $20,000 per occurrence ($500 deductible applies)
- Emergency stabling or transportation, evacuation or recovery expense: Coverage up to $250 per day for emergency stabling or emergency transportation, up to $2,500
Get Horse Insurance Quotes Now
There is good money to be made with horse hauling, but to protect your business, you need quality horse transport insurance.